Semester 3: Product Development I
Semester 4: Product development II
Statistics and Quality Control
Textile and Clothing
- Weerasinghe D. U., Perera S., Dissanayake D.G.K.; Application of biomimicry for sustainable functionalization of textiles: review of current status and prospectus, Textile Research Journal, (2019)
- Abeywardena S.B.Y., Perera S., De Silva K.M.N., Walpalage S., Somaratne M.C.W; Localization of conductivity towards scalable and sustainable wearable electronics, American Journal of Nanoscience & Nanotechnology Research, 6(1) (2018) 36-45.
- Abeywardena S.B.Y., Perera S., De Silva K.M.N., Walpalage S., Somaratne M.C.W; Bentonite nanoclay assisted hydrophilic nylon fabrics, Chemical Science International Journal, 23(2) (2018) 1-6.
- Abeywardena S.B.Y., Perera S., De Silva K.M.N., Walpalage S., Somaratne M.C.W. (2017), "Mimicking elephant mud bathing to produce wettable polyester", Materials Letters, 205, 90–93
- Abeywardena S.B.Y., Perera S., De Silva K.M.N. and Tissera N.P. (2017), " A facile method to modify bentonite nanoclay with silane", Int Nano Lett, DOI 10.1007/s40089-017-0214-2
- Dissanayake D. G. K., Perera S. and Wanniarachchi T. (2017), "Sustainable and ethical manufacturing: a case study from handloom industry", Textiles and Clothing Sustainability,3:2, 2-10
- Perera S., Bhushan B., Bandara R., Rajapakse G., Rajapakse S. and Bandara C. (2013), “Morphological, antimicrobial, durability, and physical properties of untreated and treated textiles using silver- nanoparticles”, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 436, 975-989
- Dissanayake D.G. K. and Perera S. (2015), New approaches to sustainable ?bers. In: Muthu S. S. and Gardetti M. A. eds. Sustainable ?bers for fashion industry. Singapore: Springer Pte Ltd
- Related to teaching
- Perera S., (2018), " Use of Feynman Technique as peer teaching to facilitate deeper student learning " , Creating graduates for positive change: the evidence of changed perceptions and practices ", Staff Development Center, Sri Lanka Technological Campus (SLTC), Sri Lanka
- Perera S., (2017), "Facilitating Active Learning Through Story Telling", paper presented at the "Lectures & Beyond: Delivering Higher Education through Learning Experiences", Staff Development Center, Open University and SLAIHEE, Sri Lanka
-Related to other research areas
- Abeywardena S.B.Y., Perera S., Weerasinghe V. P.T, De Silva K.M.N, Walpalage S., Somaratne M.C.W, Hettiarachchi N.M., Jeyasakthy S.; Shape memory clay flaps assisted body cooling fabrics, The Aegean International Textile and Advanced Engineering Conference, Lesvos, Greece. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2018.
- Abeywardena S.B.Y, Perera S., De Silva K.M.N., Walpalage S; A bio-inspired approach to produce wettable nylon fabric, 4th International Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 2017.
- Perera S., Bandara R., Rajapakse G. (2014), “Effects of nanosilver treatment on physical and mechanical properties of woven cotton fabrics”, paper presented at the National Development through Research and Innovation, HETC symposium, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Perera S., Bandara R., Rajapakse G., (2012), “Investigation of effects of nano-silver finishing on the physical and dyeing properties of cotton and polyester fabrics”, paper presented at the, International Conference on Advanced Materials, Science and Engineering, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Perera S., Bandara R., Rajapakse G., Karunanayake L. (2012), "Physical and mechanical properties of cotton fabrics pre-treated with nano-silver”, paper presented at the, Peradeniya University Research Sessions, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
- Perera S., Bandara R., Rajapakse G., Rathnayake W.G.R.U. (2012),"Effects of nano-silver finishing on the physical and dyeing properties of polyester fabrics”, paper presented at the Asian International Conference on Materials, Minerals and Polymer, University Sains, Malaysia
B.Sc. Eng. (Hons) University of Moratuwa
PhD, University of Peradeniya
Sri Lanka Association for Improving Higher Education Effectiveness (SLAIHEE)
National Research Council merit award for scientific publication – 2013
Higher Education for 21st Century grant for PhD, awarded by the World Bank- 2010
Staff and Educational Development Association (SEDA) award for Learning, Teaching and Assessing, Staff and Educational Development Association,UK- 2007