Semester 1: Introduction to Polymer Science (PT 1101)
Semester 2: Polymer Technology (PT 1201)
Semester 3: Latex Technology (PT 2302)
- Perera., P.H.G., Bandara, N.J.G.J., Jayaweera, M.W., Somaratne, M.C.W., Thathsara., Gunawardana, B., Manatunga, J.M.A., (2018) “ Migration Of Phthalic Acid Esters From Pet Water Bottles: Implications Of Reusing Empty Bottles For Storing Ambient And Warm Water For Subsequent Consumption” 23rd International Forestry And Environment Symposium., 74.
- Somaratne M.C.W., GayashaniJ.S., Thathsara, S.K.T and Abeywardhana A.R.M., (2018). “Rate Of Reduction Of Swollen Diameter Of Films Cast From XNBR Compounded Latex”., 6th Annual Research Symposium ITUM., 44-49.
- Sujani B.Y. Abeywardena, Srimala Perera, K.M. Nalin de Silva, S. Walpalage, M.C.W. Somaratne; Bentonite nanoclay assisted hydrophilic nylon fabrics, Chemical Science International Journal, 23(2) (2018) 1-6.
- Sujani B.Y. Abeywardena, Srimala Perera, K.M. Nalin de Silva, S. Walpalage, M.C.W. Somaratne; Localization of conductivity towards scalable and sustainable wearable electronics, American Journal of Nanoscience & Nanotechnology Research, 6(1) (2018) 36-45.
- Sujani B.Y. Abeywardena, Srimala Perera, P. Vishakha T. Weerasinghe, K.M. Nalin de Silva, S. Walpalage, M.C.W. Somaratne, N.M. Hettiarachchi, S. Jeyasakthy; Shape memory clay flaps assisted body cooling fabrics, The Aegean International Textile and Advanced Engineering Conference, Lesvos, Greece. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2018.
- Sujani B.Y. Abeywardena, Srimala Perera, K.M. Nalin de Silva, S. Walpalage, M.C.W. Somaratne; Mimicking elephant mud bathing to produce wettable polyester, Materials Letters, 205 (2017) 90-93.
- Sujani B.Y. Abewardena, Srimala Perera, K.M. Nalin De Silva, S. Walpalage, M.C.W. Somaratne (2017), ”Mimicking Elephant Mud Bathing to Produce Wettable Polyeester” Journal of Material Letters (ELSEVIER), p90-93.
- Somaratne M.C.W., (2017) “Dynamic Mchanical and Thermal Properties of Natural Rubber Latex Filled with Surface Modified Silica” Proceedings of Kelaniya International Conference on Advances in Computing and Technology in Sri Lanka.
- Somaratne M.C.W., (2017) “A Balance Version of Flipped and Traditional Classroom Methods to Enhance Skills on Application of Knowledge to Real Situations” Proceedings of 13th Annual Conference on Higher Education in Sri Lanka, p 9-12
- Ariyaratne AATK., Somaratne M.C.W., Liyanage N.M.V., & Walpalage S. Karunanayaka L, (2016) Reinforcement of Natural Rubber Latex Film using Silica Filler modified with a Commercially available Co–polymer Solution, 110th Annual Sessions, The Institute of Engineers, Sri Lanka, Transaction 2016, Volume 1,Part B, p177–184
- Somaratne M.C.W., Liyanage N.M.V. (2015). Comparison of physical properties of cast and dipped latex films filled with silica. Paper presented at 3rd Research Symposium towards a Research Focused Society, Institute of Technology University of Moratuwa
- Somaratne M.C.W., Liyanage N.M.V., & Walpalage S. (2014). Contribution of hydrogen and/or covalent bonds on reinforcement of natural rubber latex films with surface modified silica. Journal of Applied Polymer Science Vol 131, Issue 12
- Somaratne, M. C. W., Liyanage, N. M. V. K., & Walpalage, S. (2014). Surface Modification of Silica with a Hydrophilic Polymer and Its Influences on Reinforcement of Natural Rubber Latex. Journal of the National Science Foundation, Vol 42, No 4, p 351–360.
- Somaratne, M. C. W. (2013). Reinforcement of Natural Rubber Latex Films With Fine Particle Fillers. Department of Chemical Engineering Colombo, University of Moratuwa. PhD: 195.
- Somaratne M.C.W., Liyanage N.M.V., & Walpalage S. (2012). Surface Modification of Silica with Hydrophilic Polymer and Its Influences on Reinforcement of Natural Rubber Latex. Paper presented at the International Symposium on Polymer Science and Technolog , University of Sri Jayawardanapura
- Somaratne M.C.W., Liyanage N.M.V., and Walpalage S.,(2012) "Reinforcement of natural rubber latex films through surface modified silica with macromolecular coupling agent" The Asian International Conference on Materials, Minerals and Polymer (MAMIP 2012), University Sains Malaysia
- Somaratne M.C.W., Liyanage N.M.V., and Walpalage S.,(2012) "Contribution of Hydrogen Bonds and Coupling Reactions on Reinforcement of Natural Rubber Latex Films with Surface Modified Silica" International Conference on Advanced Materials, Science and Engineering (ICAMSE 12) Colombo, Srilanka
- Liyanage N.M.V., Walpalage S., and Somaratne M.C.W., (2009) "Reinforcement of natural rubber latex with surface modified silica "15th ERU Symposium, University of Moratuwa, pp. 145-146, 2009
Liyanage, N. M. V. K., Somaratne, M. C. W., & Walpalage, S. (2015). , Sri Lanka, Patent No. 17447. A method for reinforcing natural rubber latex products by incorporating modified silica dispersions, N. I. P. Ofiice.
B.Sc.(Hons), University of Peradeniya
M.Sc. ,University of Sri Jayawardhanapura
PhD ,University of Moratuwa
Member of Plastic & Rubber Institute
- Presidential Awards-2018-Won the First Place in the Field of Applied Science and Technology –Sri Lanka Inventors Commission.
- ZEDA (Staff and Educational Development Association) award for successfully completing the course of study leading to the Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education, University of Colombo
- NRC Merit Award for Scientific Publication of the Journal of Applied Polymer Science-2014